What information do we collect?
Personally identifiable information is collected when users voluntarily provide information to:
1 com.au, for example in registering for e-mail communications, promotions or other services;
2 our head or branch offices, such as completing our consent or registration forms; and
3 when making enquiries about care services and programs provided by SDA Property Solutions .
Personal information may also be collected when other health practitioners provide personal information to us. During these activities, we may request information such as your name, e-mail address, residence address, phone number, date of birth, Medicare number, healthcare provider details, subscriber status, and credit card number (when purchasing products or services). We may also ask you for other information at other times.
Why do we collect personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. We collect personal information so that we can:
• Understand your requirements and provide you with the appropriate care services;
• Monitor the progress of our services to you and tailor the services to suit your needs;
• Set up, administer and manage our care services and programs;
• Gather and aggregate information for statistical, reporting and research purposes;
• Perform tasks in connection with purchasing products provided to clients;
• Manage, train and develop our employees and representatives;
• Assessing a person’s application for employment with us;
• Delivering service, company updates and newsletters to you, to inform you about new services or information about us;
• For administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning and quality control purposes;
• Compiling and maintaining mailing lists derived from our website, from our services and programs and communicating with persons on those lists;
• Manage complaints, disputes and report to dispute resolution bodes;
• Responding to enquiries;
• As required or permitted by any law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth);
• Get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us, so we can engage in product and service research, development and manage the delivery of our care services and products via the way we communicate with you.
You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some or all of the features of our care services and programs. It may also not enable us to personalise your care services and programs to suit your individual needs.
How we handle your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you and, in some cases, from other people or organisations.
We also provide your personal information to other entities in SDA Property Solutions and they may disclose or use your personal information for the purposes described in “Why do we collect personal information?” in relation to care services and programs that they may provide to you.
We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it as well as for related purposes, where you would reasonably expect us to. We may disclose your personal information to and/or collect your personal information from:
• Parent companies or other entities;
• Any of our group joint ventures where authorised or required;
• Any entity where disclosure to, or collection from, such entity is required or authorised by law;
• Customer, product, business or strategic research and development organisations;
• Data warehouse, strategic learning organisations and data partners;
• Social media and other virtual communities and networks where people create, share or exchange information;
• Publicly available sources of information;
• Member loyalty or rewards programs and other industry relevant organisations;
• A third party that we’ve contracted to provide business, administration or consultancy services – for example: information technology providers, consultancy firms, auditors and business management consultants, sales agents, marketing agencies and other marketing service providers and print/mail/digital service/imaging/document management providers;
• Our advisers, agents, representatives or consultants;
• Government, statutory or regulatory bodies and enforcement bodies;
• Any external dispute resolution body;
• Investors, advisers, trustees or any other organisation that performs tasks in connection with the operations of this business;
• Any organisation that assists us to gather or aggregate information for statistical, reporting or research purposes;
• Any organisation or person in connection with SDA Property Solutions .
• Any other organisation or person, where you’ve asked them to provide your personal information to us or asked us to obtain personal information from them; or
• As required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)).
We may disclose personal information where we reasonably believe that a failure to disclose such information places a client or another person at risk to health or safety. We’ll use a variety of methods to collect your personal information from and disclose your personal information to, these persons or oganisations, including written forms, telephone calls and via electronic delivery. We may collect and disclose your personal information to these persons and organisations regularly or on an ad hoc basis, depending on the purpose of collection. We may disclose:
• user information in connection with law enforcement, governmental investigations or inquiries;
• to enforce compliance with the policies governing care service practices and applicable laws; and
• to protect and enforce the intellectual property and other legal rights of SDA Property Solutions .
What choices do I have about SDA Property Solutionscollecting, using and sharing my information?
It is possible for you to use much of this website without providing any personally identifiable information. When you do register with our website, or provide personally identifiable information, you will have an opportunity, at the time we collect your information, to limit e-mail communications. You can request at any time that we not send future e-mails to you either by unsubscribing from the communication or by contacting us.
Your personal information and our marketing practices
Every now and then, any entities that use the SDA Property Solutionsbrand might let you know – including via mail, SMS, email, telephone or online – about news, special offers, products, promotions or services that you might be interested in. When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to any entities in SDA Property Solutionsto using your personal information to direct market. We will engage in marketing unless you tell us otherwise. You can contact us to update your marketing preferences at any time. Where we use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, we will allow you to request not to receive direct marketing communications from us, and will comply with such a request within a reasonable time frame. You may request to be removed from our marketing lists at any time by directly contacting us. If you do not wish to receive new information and marketing material from us, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to carry out our direct marketing we collect your personal information from and disclosure it to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services as well as general marketing services. We may use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve our advertising relevance to you.
We may also collect your personal information for marketing through competitions.
We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from you or others, with the information we, or entities in SDA Property Solutions , or our services providers already hold about you.
Where is my personal information stored?
SDA Property Solutionstakes all reasonable steps to keep secure personal information recorded and to keep this information accurate and up-to-date. The personal information is stored on secure servers if in digital format, or if in hardcopy format, under the strict control of the staff members providing care and coordination assistance to the client so as to not reveal the identity of the client to anyone else. In some cases, secure servers are located in Australia and the United States of America. Our employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal and/or sensitive information held by us. We destroy or de-identify personal information we no longer need, wherever possible.
How to access your personal information
You have the right to access and seek correction of your personal information held by us. Please send full details of your request to email@example.com or the customer service manager at our head office or local branch offices.
How to make a complaint
All such enquiries or complaints will be taken seriously and handled with impartiality and discretion. If you wish to submit a complaint, please provide us with all relevant details such as the date and time of the incident or communication, the circumstances surrounding the event and your concerns about what was said or done. Once you have submitted your complaint, we will assess it to determine whether or not you have complained about a privacy issue which is covered by the Privacy Laws. If your complaint is covered by the Privacy Laws, we will thoroughly investigate all aspects of your complaint including ascertaining the relevant facts and what your expectations are for any resolution. During our investigation, we may need to seek further information from you as to the nature of or factual circumstances surrounding your complaint.
We will endeavour to respond to you at all times promptly and to offer a practical solution which is consistent with our legal obligations.
We take reasonable measures to protect the security of the information transmitted between browsers and our web server, including using firewalls, SSL encryption technology and other security technologies where deemed appropriate by SDA Property Solutions . To protect your privacy, however, please do not use e-mail to communicate information you wish to be kept strictly confidential. You acknowledge that any transmission of data may be illegally intercepted and used by third parties. SDA Property Solutionsshall not be responsible for any interception of data transmitted to or from our web server.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party website.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. SDA Property Solutionsmakes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website, nor any links either from or to this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, SDA Property Solutionsdoes not warrant that:
• this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
• the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
SDA Property Solutionsor anyone associated with this website will not be liable to you, whether under the law of contract, the law of torts or otherwise in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
• to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
• for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
• for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if SDA Property Solutionshas been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit SDA Property Solutions ’s liability in respect of any:
• death or personal injury caused by SDA Property Solutions ’s negligence;
• fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of SDA Property Solutions ; or
• matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for SDA Property Solutionsto exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, SDA Property Solutionshas an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against SDA Property Solutions ’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect SDA Property Solutions ’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as SDA Property Solutions .
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.